Review: Maybelline Fit Me Concealer in " Fair (15) "

14:06:00

Hey there beauties,

Hope you are having a great week. Well am here with one of the most raved about concealers this year. Yes, am talking about, Maybelline Fit Me Concealer. Although I liked my Palladio herbal concealer and Catrice camouflage cream but was still looking for one best concealer for my under eye area. I read so many mixed reviews on this concealer. Few claim this as the best drugstore concealer, while others think its an average one. Luckily when I was buying a few things from Beauty Arena, I spotted this on their site. So, I placed one in my cart to check it out myself. Let's see what I have to say about this.....

Maybelline Fit Me Concealer 15 (Fair)
Maybelline Fit Me Concealer 15 (Fair)
Maybelline Fit Me Concealer 15 (Fair)

Okay so this concealer comes in plastic tube form with a doe-foot applicator similar to those of lip glosses. The packaging is just average and nothing special to say here. Internationally this concealer is available in 6 shades but currently there are only three shades available in Pakistan. Fair (15), Medium (25) and Cafe (30). Well I did a little research on net before choosing the right shade for me and found medium was a little darker for my NC (25-30) skin tone. Therefore, I decided to buy the lighter shade available that is Fair (15).

Luckily the shade is a good match for my skin tone. I can call it near perfect but not the perfect match. Its a bit lighter for me but luckily not a lot lighter and has slightly pink undertones. After blending into my skin it looks quite natural and doesn't appear too light. I still wish to get the shade Sand (20) that is available internationally, but wasn't available here locally because that would be a perfect match for my skin tone.

Now coming to the consistency. Its consistency is medium and is perfect in my opinion for a liquid concealer. The coverage it offers is medium yet buildable. A small amount of this concealer is enough to provide decent coverage. I basically need a good concealer for my under eye area to conceal my dark circles. I must say Maybelline sure has impressed me with this product. It conceals my dark circles quite decently without looking cakey. Blends like dream. Doesn't settle into fine lines or doesn't enhance any dryness under the eyes. I always had blending issues with all the concealers I have used till now or some of those tend to enhance dryness under my eyes, but I haven't faced any such issue with this one. So bingooo..!!!

Ok so now time for swatches. At extreme left you can see my bare eye with visible dark circles. The middle one shows the concealer applied and the last one shows the final results after blending. I have applied just one layer in this pic without any foundation or primer. You can see my dark circles haven't completely vanished but are quite less visible. For further coverage you can always add more and use a good foundation beneath.


Am pretty satisfied with the medium coverage it provides. Its ideal to use everyday as it blends so easily into the skin and brightens the under eye area. Now coming to the staying power of this concealer. It lasted on me for about 6 hours which is not bad. I applied it in the morning under one eye only and by the end of the day, I could see my dark circles were still kinda less visible under that eye. So the lasting power is pretty decent for a drugstore concealer at this price. Always remember to set your concealer with a good powder before going out to make it last longer.


The Goods:

  • Applies and blends easily into skin
  • Offers medium yet buildable coverage
  • Looks natural, not cakey
  • Doesn't settle into fine lines/wrinkles
  • Doesn't enhance any dryness on you skin


The Bads:

  • Available only in 3 shades locally
  • Staying power is average
  • Those with oily skin might find it a bit tacky


Price & Availability: You can find this concealer at Maybelline New York counters in Pakistan at all leading stores. I bought mine from Beauty Arena for PKR 750/- only. Also available online at Just4girls.

For international readers, these concealers are available in 6 different shades at all MNY counters in your conutry. Also available online at Walmart and Drugstore.


My Rating: 4/5



So for me, I think I have found another drugstore gem that is Maybelline Fit me Concealer. Am glad I tried it. I just wish that Maybelline introduces more shades in this range soon.

Have you tried Maybelline Fit Me Concealer yet...??? What do you think about it...???

  
Like my reviews and posts...??? Don't forget to follow my blog via GFC... :)

Show your love and join "The Lipstickholic" on Facebook, Instagram and Bloglovin too... !!!



Love,
Lipstickholic


You Might Also Like

34 comments

  1. I want this in my life :p thanks for detailed review I hope it doesnt make my under eye ash-y.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No it wont Huda.. I didn't face any such issue... Just make sure to set it with a setting powder afterwards to avoid any greasiness in summers.. :)

      Delete
  2. I'm really obsessed with the Collection lasting perfection concealer! it's fab!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to check that too.. Thanks for sharing :)

      Delete
  3. Not tried this fit me concealer yet, i'm loving the age eraser one at the moment. Love it. Adele acesparklestar.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm pleased you pointed out that it could be a bit tacky for people with oily skin, think I'll avoid it then, such a shame as I had wanted to try this too x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, but those with oily skin can set it with a good powder that will make it last longer and will also help with the tacky/sticky feeling. Thanks for ur comment Julie :)

      Delete
  5. Thankyou huda for such an honest review :) finally i know which concealer to buy for myself.Finally my treasure hunt has ended :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anna...am glad u like it.. Hope it works great for u too :)

      Delete
  6. This is pretty impressive, I have the worst dark undereyes so a good concealer is my favourite thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same is the case with me and I keep searching for different concealers to find the perfect one for me. This one is pretty impressive.. :)

      Delete
  7. I never tried this concealer and I have oily skin so I'm not sure about it...however I love their age eraser one :)

    http://creepersandcupcakes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing ur fav Krisitina.. Haven't tried that yet :)

      Delete
  8. I find the shades are not the right fit for me, but the coverage in your photos is quite good x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I so agree...shades are so limited so its hard to find a perfect match..but coverage is good and blending makes it look natural.. Thanks dear :)

      Delete
  9. on my list for so long !! can't wait to get it after you review !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sherry ... Hope u like it as much as I do :)

      Delete
  10. I am really searching a concealler thanks fir a nice review :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This concealer looks like a promising one for me! I think the Fit me range is quite good. Will try this out once I run out of my current one. Thanks for reviewing! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure hun...Yes you should give this a try... It works really well.. :)

      Delete
  12. woww.... nice review.. huda u remember my eyes?? i never had dark circles but now, i can see slightly dark under eye area. i want something to brighten up this under eye to give a fresh look. would this be fine for that or you suggest something else?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fozia...Yes I remember ur eyes luv... <3 If u have slight dark circles now, this should work absolutely well to cover those and brighten up the under eye area. Shade Fair would suit u well. Other than this, you can try Rimmel match perfection concealer, easily available at all Rimmel London counters in Isb/Pindi. I have read a lot of reviews on that. It instantly brightens the under area area and conceals dark circle well too...

      Delete
  13. Hey this one is looking awesome <3
    will give a try to it :)
    Thanks for visiting my blog
    i am already your follower :)
    xOxO

    arbbeautyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hmm this looks good
    Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good to hear about the lasting power

    http://saharawans.blogspot.com.au/?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a great honest review, also lovely photography :)

    Rebecca Coco

    ReplyDelete
  17. awesome review .. thanks for sharing dear
    Makeupoholics

    ReplyDelete

I truly appreciate the valuable feedback of my followers. So feel free to leave your comments :)

( Note:Please avoid leaving your blog/site URLs in comments )

The Lipstickholic. Powered by Blogger.
PakBlogging - Pakistani Blog Aggregator