Review: Catrice Photo Finish Foundation in "(010) Sand Beige"

14:32:00

Hey beauties,

Buying and selecting the right foundation is the most difficult task for me. That's why I just stick to my favorite Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation and keep re-purchasing it as it has always worked well for me. I tried many foundations last year but unfortunately they all failed to impress me. About 2 months ago on my visit to scentsations I spotted this Catrice Photo Finish Foundation. It was on my wishlist since I heard about it so I purchased one for myself in shade "Sand Beige". Many of you requested me to review this budget-friendly foundation soon. Therefore, today am finally reviewing this foundation. So no more talking let's just get to the review and see if its worth buying or not...

Catrice Photo Finish Foundation in "(010) Sand Beige"
Catrice Photo Finish Foundation in "(010) Sand Beige"
Catrice Photo Finish Foundation in "(010) Sand Beige"
Catrice Photo Finish Foundation Ingredients
This foundation comes in a glass bottle packaging with pump. The pump just dispenses the right amount of foundation. Therefore the packaging scores 5/5 from me as I love foundations with pumps. The shade I picked is the lightest available in the range 010 as 020 was a bit dark for me so I decided to go a shade lighter this time. The shade isn't my perfect match but still doesn't look very light after blending. This shade is suitable for NC20-25 skin. It has slightly yellow undertones so its will suit those with pale undertones and pale complexion like me.
 
Now coming to the texture and coverage. This foundation has medium consistency which is not very runny and is more towards the thicker side. Despite being thicker in consistency, it still blends easily. The coverage it provides is medium yet buildable. But let me warn you, you need to apply a little amount of foundation to get the desired coverage. Applying more makes it look cakey. While applying this foundation you will also notice a strong but tolerable scent which might be bothersome for some people.
Catrice Photo Finish Foundation Texture
This foundation also has fine light reflecting particles which aren't visible in day light or natural light but yes they are noticeable in strong light or when you turn the flash on. Below you can see pictures of catrice photo finish foundation in "sand beige" blended on my arm. You can clearly notice the light reflecting particles in the picture with flash on.
Catrice Photo Finish Foundation bended on arm with and without flashlight
This foundation itself isn't moisturizing but doesn't feel very drying either. But since I have dry/combination skin, I always prefer using a moisturizer before applying it. If worn alone it can feel a bit drying for those with dry skin in winters. The finish this foundation provides is semi-matte but after 2-3 hours of application the finish becomes more silky and slightly dewy. I love the finish and feel of this foundation. It doesn't feel heavy on skin. The staying power of this foundation is pretty impressive too. It lasted on me for more than 6-8 hours without any primer which is pretty great for any drugstore foundation at this price. And at the end here is a pic of Catrice photo finish foundation in shade "sand beige" applied on my face.
On my face: Catrice Photo Finish foundation in Sand Beige, ELF pressed mineral blush in Cabo Cabana and MAC Ravishing lipstick
Overall, its a great budget foundation and I have started liking it now. Its staying power is pretty great and I like its finish. However I still prefer using my Rimmel Match Perfection for routine use, especially in winters as that one looks more natural and suits my dry/combination skin. I am using this one occasionally and I feel it will work better for me in summers because of its thicker texture. If you are looking for a good budget-friendly foundation for occasional use, you should definitely try this out.

The Goods:
  • Great staying power
  • Blends easily
  • Provides medium yet buildable coverage
  • Comes in a pump bottle
  • Provides semi-matte/satin finish, perfect for pictures
  • Affordable

The Bads:
  • The strong scent can be slightly annoying
  • Looks a bit cakey if applied too much
  • Finding the perfect shade match can be difficult
  • Availability in Pakistan

Price & Availability: I got mine from Scentsations Safa Gold Mall (Islamabad) for Rs 1210/- only. You can find this at Catrice counters at few leading cosmetic stores in Lahore, Karachi and Islamabad.


My Rating: 3.7/5 


Have you tried Catrice Photo Finish Foundation...??? What do u think about it...??? Don't forget to leave your comments...

Like my reviews and posts...??? Don't forget to follow my blog via GFC... :)


Show your love and join "The Lipstickholic" on Facebook, Instagram and Bloglovin too... !!!



Love,
The Lipstickholic

You Might Also Like

30 comments

  1. Interesting :) Thanks for sharing the review Huda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice review. I own catrice foundation infinite matte n love it to bits. Lovely pic of urs. Light reflecting part tempts me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so looking forward to this review. I'm wondering how will it work for the combination/oily skin types? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will work just great for any skin tone as the finish is not completely dewy. I have dry skin and I feel the need to moisturize my skin well before using it as it feels slightly drying on my skin in winters. So in my opinion this should work even better for combination/oily skin

      Delete
  4. This looks good, as I might not need to add liquid highlighter to it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I don't feel the need to add any illuminator to this foundation

      Delete
  5. Your skin is flawless Masha Allah :) Nice review.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look great dear.I really like this foundatiTe best thing I love is its texture.Its so smooth.Great review xoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shehrzad <3 Yeah I agree, the texture is so smooth and silky I like how it feels on my skin :)

      Delete
  7. So detailed review. Ravishing looks really nice on you! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting. I love how it blends. And u have beautiful skin MA :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great review with pretty face :) i love Catrice foundation but like you said finding perfect shade is so difficult in their shade range.
    GlamupGirls

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Zubaida :) Yeah I wish there were more shades available in this range

      Delete
  10. Very nice and detailed review. I like the finish of the foundation but don't like the fact that it gets cakey. However I may purchase it if I get the chance. I really like the way you photograph products and would love to read a post on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad u liked the review. Thanks a lot for ur kind words :)

      Delete
  11. Thanks for an honest review Huda! But I guess I wud not go for it due to its strong fragrance, as my eyes got irritated with such scents... :)

    Love XoxoX

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a detailed review, great job Huda. I have an oily skin so i stay far away from liquid foundations and prefer mineral formulas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for ur appreciation Fatemah :) Yeah mineral formulas are great for those with oily skin.

      Delete
  13. Such an detailed review :) Love it :) And love those swatches but its such an annoying thing that it turns out cakey if applied alot.will try it in future :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's always good to see a foundation review! There are so many I want to try out now! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah same here I wanna try so many..do try this out :)

      Delete
  15. I knew the review is not going to b too positive.. hehe.. had my experience with catrice.. love their concealer in sand.. such a lovely concealer and sooo cheap.. love it! Love their lippies and polishes... the rest is so so.. their LE stufd is mostly good..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes agree.. Their LE stuff is really good. I didn't really like the lipsticks too but the concealer is pretty good.

      Delete

I truly appreciate the valuable feedback of my followers. So feel free to leave your comments :)

( Note:Please avoid leaving your blog/site URLs in comments )

The Lipstickholic. Powered by Blogger.
PakBlogging - Pakistani Blog Aggregator