Beauty Guides: All About Marsala Makeup...!!!

15:36:00

Hey beauties,

Hope you are doing great. Pantone has selected MARSALA as the color of this year, 2015. Marsala is a gorgeous bold and deep shade. It is a lovely reddish brown shade or should I say a muted wine shade with some touch of brown in it. This shade will compliment many skin tones. I personally love this shade a lot and think its perfect for Asian skin tones. Therefore today's post is dedicated to the color of the year i.e. Marsala. The credit of this post goes to the sweetest ever Umaima of Dudettes Talk as she basically came up with this idea to do a collaborative post on "Marsala Makeup & Fashion Guide". Therefore am sharing with you this Marsala Makeup Guide today. I hope this post will help you in buying the right Marsala makeup products this year (both from drugstore & high end brands).

Marsala Makeup Guide
I have decided to keep the list short and precised. Therefore, I will be sharing with you only 2 high end and 2 drugstore Marsala products from each category. So let's get started...
Marsala For Eyes
Marsala For Eyes:
Marsala is such a lovely shade that would so compliment brown, hazel and green eyes. My high end picks of Marsala eyeshadows include Sephora Facets of Marsala Multi Finish Eye Palette ($39). This was a limited edition palette that went out of stock at Sephora so quickly but is still available at Ebay and few other websites. My second high end Marsala eyeshadow recommendation is Make Up Forever Artist Shadow in shade Morello Cherry ($21). My drugstore Marsala picks for eyes are Maybelline Color Tattoo in shade Metallic Pomegranate (£4.99) and NYX Jumboo Eye Pencil in Rust ($4.50).

Marsala For Lips
Marsala For Lips: 
This is my favorite section of all. There are so many lovely Marsala lipsticks that I have on my wish list for this year. Am sharing just a few with you. My Marsala high end lipsticks recommendations are Bobbi Brown Lipstick in Rum Raisin ($26) and YSL Rouge Volupte Shine Lipstick in Rose Infinite ($35).  MAC "Sin" is also a beautiful deep Marsala lip color. Its actually quite darker than the actual Marsala shade. If you are a budget buyer then the best drugstore options are ELF Moisturizing Lipstick in Ravishing Rose ($3) and Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in Sultry ($7.19). Another great drugstore Marsala lipstick is Essence long lasting lipstick in "On The Cat Walk". And there are plenty of lovely Marsala lip colors to share with you but to keep it short I have listed just few of my favorite shades here.
Marsala For Cheeks
Marsala For Cheeks:
Again for high end brands Sephora takes the lead here. Sephora's Shimmering Marsala Cheek Trio ($28) has to be on the top. It is such a gorgeous palette with three beautiful shades. It was again a limited edition palette which is not available at Sephora now but u can still find it at Ebay for almost ($50). My second high end recommendation is Nars Blush in shade Outlaw ($30). As for budget buyers, the best Marsala blushers are ELF Studio Blush Palette in shade Dark ($6) and Sleek Blush in shade Flushed ($6.99). I love these two shades and have these on my wishlist especially the sleek blusher, it is so gorgeous.
Marsala For Nails
Marsala For Nails: 
Now time to paint your nails Marsala. The high end suggestions in this section are Chanel Le Vernis Nail Color 18 Rouge Noir (£18) and Tom Ford Nail Lacquer Bordeaux Lust ($32). Drugstore lovers should check out Essie Nail Color in shade Thigh High ($8.50) and INGLOT O2M Breathable Nail Color #625 (Rs 1250/- almost $13).


That's all for my Marsala makeup guide. I hope you find this post helpful. But wait...the post hasn't ended yet. To spice up your wardrobe with Marsala, read Umaima's Marsala fashion and dressing guide on her blog here.



Like my reviews and posts...??? Don't forget to follow my blog via GFC... :)

Show your love and join "The Lipstickholic" on Facebook, Instagram and Bloglovin too... !!!



Love,
Huda
The Lipstickholic

Disclaimer: The makeup images used in this post are taken from Google. For further information read my complete Disclaimer & PR Policy.

You Might Also Like

40 comments

  1. Aww thank you so much Huda for your kind words. you have done an amazing job in finding the perfect matches of this color. Revlon colorburst matte balm in sultry goes on my wishlist now. I personally love this color that's why had so much fun doing this.
    Love this post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww my pleasure hun. I really enjoyed doing this post with you. It was a great idea indeed. Yes revlon matte balm in sultry is on my wishlist too :D

      Delete
  2. This is one good idea!! I love this shade as I love deep berries ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fizzah.. Yes its a lovely shade indeed <3

      Delete
  3. Great Job Huda! I so love this color and I am eyeing quite a lot of stuff from this post. This shade would look so pretty on nails! Essie's Thigh High and Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm is going on my list! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much Momina.. Your kind words made my day. Yes Revlon matte balm is a must-have. Its on my list too :D

      Delete
  4. I'm in love with Marsala. I feel it looks extremely beautiful on both nails & lips. Have been compiling a list for a blog post for the longest of time but I really enjoyed yours. Very comprehensive. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Marsala is a lovely shade indeed. Thanks a lot dear. Would love to see ur Marsala makeup picks :)

      Delete
  5. what a nice idea.I loved this post.thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the review dear! these nail colors are so nice!
    Happy blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely post, you girls did great effort and selected really great products to choose from. Thumbs up :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This shade looks so... mmmm.... Zabardast!!

    Love XoxoX

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea.I love the fact that your recommendations cover high and low price ranges.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a bomb shade :) Love it :) And thankyouu so much for guiding me perfectly :) Need that essie nail polish now :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Essie Thigh High looks so beautiful on the nails. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow you own it. Would love to see ur review. It seems like a lovely shade

      Delete
  12. Perfect. Glad there are so many options to choose from. You did a great job here Huda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Madeeha for ur appreciation hun... :)

      Delete
  13. Fab collab! <3 I am loving this colour currently!! Would love to try more of the Marsala eyeshadows to create a look! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a ton Jadirah... Looking forward to seeing your marsala eye looks :)

      Delete
  14. Nice blog. keep it up :) xoxo

    http://glamourstreetblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great picks and the best part of this post is that you've mentioned both high end and drugstore products. Love your posts buddy.Keep up the good work!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a ton Wajiha for your appreciation. Means a lot :)

      Delete
  16. Thank you so much for sharing drugstore item as I cant get high end item but now you made it easy so I will pick drugstore item now :*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rabiya.. Glad you find this post helpful :)

      Delete
  17. Never heard of that color name but looks kinda maroonish. Lovely post <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kiran.. Its kinda terracotta shade.. Not pure maroon

      Delete
  18. I also started compiling a Marsala lipsticks post but then I got lazy. Its still somewhere in my drafts :p Good effort though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...and looking forward to see ur Marsala picks for the year :)

      Delete
  19. This season, i am gonna grab some marsala lippies, great post Huda :)

    ReplyDelete

I truly appreciate the valuable feedback of my followers. So feel free to leave your comments :)

( Note:Please avoid leaving your blog/site URLs in comments )

The Lipstickholic. Powered by Blogger.
PakBlogging - Pakistani Blog Aggregator