Review: Essence All About Curl - Curl + Volume Mascara

15:42:00

Hey beauties,

Today am going to review a new mascara by Essence Cosmetics. Before starting, let me tell that I don't use mascaras on regular basis. My lashes are long but thin. They are naturally lifted upwards but they kind of remain tangled (hope this makes sense) but yes they stick to each other. Therefore, I always look for a mascara that define and separate my lashes, and give the lashes just enough volume. I was looking for a new mascara last month when I discovered this. The mascara claims to be a water resistant mascara that curls & volumizes the lashes easily. Let's see how well it worked for me...


Essence All About Curl Mascara
Essence All About Curl Mascara
Essence All About Curl Mascara
I was curious to try this mascara because I didn't find many online reviews for this. So, I wanted to try it and review this for my readers. The mascara comes in a pretty curvy pink bottle. The mascara has a thin curvy brush that makes the application very easy for my thin lashes. The wand easily reaches even the smallest lashes.

Essence All About Curl Mascara Brush
The small curvy wand is easier to use but it does not dramatically curves the lashes. It just gives the lashes a decent curve and lift . Well for me any mascara can do that so no big deal. However, this mascara really holds the curl all day long. Now coming to the volume. A big NO. It adds a bit of volume to the lashes but I can't say it's a volumizing mascara. Even 2 or 3 coats of this mascara fail to provide much volume *sigh*. However this mascara lengthens the lashes for sure.

This mascara is not very thick so it dries quickly but I feel the fiber formula makes my lashes stick together and my lashes look like spider legs (huhhh). I always need to use an eyelash comb afterwards but still don't get the desired results. Again, this mascara didn't work for me as I always look for a mascara that defines and separates my lashes.

Well, the good news is that this mascara is water proof. It also does not smudge or flake all day which is great. I have tried and tested it several times and my curls were still there at the end of the day and the mascara didn't flake or smudge. So, if you are looking for a smudge proof, flake-free mascara then you will like this. And yes, this mascara does not irritate my sensitive eyes. Here is a picture of my eye with 2 coats of this mascara:

Essence All About Curl - Curl + Volume Mascara
Overall, the essence all about curl mascara curls and lengthens the lashes. But for volume, this mascara is a BIG disappointment. I use this mascara for a no makeup look when I don't want much volume and just wanna give my lashes a little lift with some length. But I still feel the Essence Get Big Lash and Crazy Volume mascaras provide much more volume to my thin lashes and I love those essence mascaras more. Here's the quick pros and cons summary of this mascara.

The Goods:
  • Gives the lashes a decent curl & some length
  • Holds the curl
  • Does not smudge or flake
  • Water resistant
The Bads:
  • Does not provide enough volume
  • Sticks my lashes together
  • Does not separate or define lashes
  • Difficult to remove

Price & Availability: This mascara is available at all Essence counters nationwide. I got mine from Al-Fatah for PKR 490/-. This mascara is also available online at Just4girls.

Hope you like the review. Have you tried any mascara from Essence? Don't forget to leave comments and share your favorite Essence mascara.

To stay updates, follow "The Lipstickholic" via GFC, Facebook, Bloglovin and Instagram.


Love,
Lipstickholic

You Might Also Like

25 comments

  1. For volume its a big dissapointment :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the review!
    The mascara seems to give a very casual look!


    FashHunny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You r ryt. Definitely not a mascara for a night out...

      Delete
  3. Oh, this would be good for people who're blessed with heavy lashes, but just need some definition. Eekh, would hate the stickiness, though :/

    ReplyDelete
  4. The packaging is cute but the product is not worth the price seriously.. you should try MUA mascaras

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes exactly... oh I haven't tried any MUA mascara yet. Read somewhere that they can irritate sensitive eyes. But now I think I shud try one.

      Delete
  5. Very nice review Huda :) Please follow me @ http://www.wajihaslifediary.blogspot.com/ x.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think its good to give thickness to lashes . Nice review .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rabi, i just use this to giv ma lashes a little curl and length.

      Delete
  7. Nice review but this mascara is not for me :)
    Annmakeupblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya for thin lashes this mascara is a NO NO...!!!

      Delete
  8. Nice blog, :)

    Nice review :)

    http://fakhrarafique.blogspot.co.uk/2013/12/clear-makeup-jewellery-organizer-from.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. The packaging look it ll blow out your lashes

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thx for the great review, I am on the look out for a new mascara, so your review comes pretty handy. I will definitely don't buy this one. Would you like to follow each other on GFC? Please let me know on my blog so I can follow back. Thank you.
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by... Glad you liked the review... :)

      Delete
    2. Thank you for following dear. Followed back on GFC #66.
      xox
      Lenya

      Delete
  11. I havent tried this brand,, maybe i will try some products and see how i feel :) Seems to be getting popular these days :)

    Please do come visit my blog too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes essence is becoming quite popular now... you shud definitely try some products :)

      Delete
  12. ya i too saw it in green valley i thought it would dramatically lenghtify lashes but it was gross in application gave me spider lashes thank god i left it there on the tester rack :P...though the sales girl convinced me enough to buy but then i switched to maximum lenght mascara which is awsum will review soon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Aamal, lucky you, I usually don't try the testers for mascaras because of my sensitive eyes...But I have two other mascaras from essence and they are great.... Will wait for your review on the maximum length mascara :)

      Delete

I truly appreciate the valuable feedback of my followers. So feel free to leave your comments :)

( Note:Please avoid leaving your blog/site URLs in comments )

The Lipstickholic. Powered by Blogger.
PakBlogging - Pakistani Blog Aggregator