Review: ELF HD Blush in "Superstar"

15:08:00

Hey beauties,


A lot of bloggers were reviewing these HD blushers by ELF this year. They are said to be a good dupe for the Makeup Forever HD blushes. After hearing a lot of good things about these I recently bought one of these blushers from beautyinbudget4u. The shade I got is "Superstar". So today am going to share my thoughts on this blush with you....

ELF HD blush in Superstar
ELF HD blush in Superstar
ELF HD blush in Superstar
This blush comes in a cute little plastic bottle with a pump/dispenser. The bottle has also a black cap which fits the bottle very well and makes it travel-friendly. I was surprised to see how small the size of bottle actually is but still the quantity enough.The pump makes this liquid blush much convenient to use. However, I feel that the pump always dispenses more than required product which leads to product wastage. Overall, the packaging is cute yet sturdy and I quite like it.

"Superstar" is a very pretty coral/pink shades. It appears more pink on me without blending. Upon blending it turns into a pretty coral peachy shade. The shade is ideal for light/medium skin tones. It also has some micro shimmer particles in it which are not very visible once applied on face. When applied properly this blush provides a semi-matte finish which I love. This shade looks so grogeous and can be worn everyday easily.

This blush is highly pigmented. In fact, it can be a bit tricky to use for the first few times because of such high pigmentation. You need only need a small dot or I'd say a micro dot to color both cheeks. Blending this blush can be crucial as it dries very quickly. You need to blend it fast before it dries up. I usually apply a small dot of this blush with a q-tip or my finger on the cheeks and then blend, blend, blend with fingers. At the end, I use my kabuki brush to blend it out further and have the desired finish.

The staying power of this blush is also great. Because of such great pigmentation this blush stays on me for about 5-6 hours. I applied it in the afternoon and when came back home at night, there was still some tint of color on my cheeks. I have dry/combo skin and it didn't enhance any dry patches on my face. Here are the swatches of "ELF Superstar":

ELF HD blush arm swatches
ELF HD blush swatch closeup
Here is a quick summary of the pros and cons of this blush:

The goods:
Highly pigmented
Great staying power
Lovely color which can be worn easily
Comes in a pump bottle
Suitable for dry/combination skin

The Bads:
Can be a bit tricky to blend/use for the first few times
The pump dispenses some extra amount of blush
Dries up very quickly

Price and Availability: I bought this form Beautyinbudget4u for PKR 750. These blushers are also available on ELF website for $3.00.


Don't Forget to leave your lovely comments...!!!

If you like my blog, then don't forget to follow via GFC, Facebook and Bloglovin...


Love,
Lipstickholic

You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. It is drying but great for a cream blush.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes great for a cream blusher... i have dry skin but luckily it didn't enhance any dryness on my cheeks :)

      Delete
  2. lovely color <3
    imanailart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving the colour! I've yet to try out this blush and I'm itching for a a big ELF order!xx

    Sadly the much hyped They're Real! mascara didn't work for me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should give this a try... Don't forget to follow the blog :)

      Delete
  4. I don't own any elf products yet but really tempted from beauty blogger reviews! I love the look of their cream eyeliner and this blush seems like one to try out!

    New Bloglovin reader :) xx

    Oh Hey Kayspray!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just loooove this one.Its by far my most fav ^_^
    followed you back :)
    you have a great blog <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shehrzad...Love it too..
      Welcome to my beauty world :)

      Delete

I truly appreciate the valuable feedback of my followers. So feel free to leave your comments :)

( Note:Please avoid leaving your blog/site URLs in comments )

The Lipstickholic. Powered by Blogger.
PakBlogging - Pakistani Blog Aggregator