Review: Himalaya Herbals Gentle Exfoliating Walnut Scrub

18:37:00

Hey beauties,

I hope you all are doing great. Last month I bought a few new skincare products for winters and many of you requested me to review this "Himalaya Herbals Gentle Exfoliating Walnut Scrub". My HG facial scrub is St.Ives Apricot scrub which I have been using it for many years now. This is the first time I have tried any Himalaya Herbals product. Let's see what I have to say about this scrub.

 Himalaya Herbals Gentle Exfoliating Walnut Scrub
Himalaya Herbals Gentle Exfoliating Walnut Scrub Back Side
Himalaya Herbals Gentle Exfoliating Walnut Scrub Ingredients
This scrub comes in a normal squeezable tube like packaging. It has kinda creamy texture and has some fine brownish granules. I have dry/combination skin which is pretty sensitive. The best thing is that the granules exfoliate the skin well without being too harsh on it.
Himalaya Herbals Gentle Exfoliating Walnut Scrub Texture
I have used this scrub many times since I bought it. It works well on my dry/combo skin. You need to take generous amount of this scrub on your palm and rub it on wet face in circular motion. Rinse off when you are done. While rubbing it on my skin I noticed some sort of  heat coming out of my skin. Probably because of natural antioxidants properties it claims to have. The strong awful medicine like odor it has makes me rinse it off my face as soon as possible.

Now coming to the performance part. Let me tell you that I use a mild exfoliating facial wash daily so I am not very sure how well it will perform if used just alone for weekly exfoliation. But for me, it has performed quite well. This scrub exfoliates the skin well, removes blackheads and doesn't feel drying at all. Rather it moisturizes the skin. My skin feels soft and supple after using it but it also feels a little over-moisturized. As I have dry/combination skin, its not much of problem for me. But, people will oily skin might find it a bit greasy. Luckily it didn't irritate my sensitive skin.

Overall, it's a decent scrub for those with dry skin. It is not harsh on skin and exfoliates the skin well. Makes my skin feel soft but the awful smell is a big turnoff. And I wont be using this in summers as it tends to leave a kinda oily layer on the face after using. It definitely can't beat my HG St.Ives Scrub or Clean & Clear Scrubs. And am not going to pick this up again. As there are other better scrubs available at lesser price.


The Goods:
  • Is gentle and not harsh on skin
  • Good scrub for those with dry skin
  • Exfoliates the skin well
  • Has natural antioxidants properties
The Bads:
  • The strong awful smell
  • Makes the skin feel a bit oily/over-moisturized after use
  • Not a great scrub for those with normal/oily skin

Price & Availability: I bought mine from a local mart for PKR 450/- for 150(ml) tube. Also available online at Just4girls.
For further information regarding product and it's ingredients visit Himalaya Herbals Website.


My Rating: 3/5


Have you tried any scrub from Himalaya Herbals...??? What do you think of this brand and its products...???



Like my reviews and posts...??? Don't forget to follow my blog via GFC... :)

Show your love and join "The Lipstickholic" on Facebook, Instagram and Bloglovin too... !!!




Love,
The Lipstickholic

You Might Also Like

18 comments

  1. I love scrubs but since it doesn't seem too great for oily skin i will pass.I love your honest reviews.Always help me spend wisely :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear...this means a lot coming from a great blogger you... <3 :)

      Delete
  2. I have the neem scrub from this brand and on my combo skin it works okay but seems to dry it up so i only use it in the summertime. Great review :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear.. this one is opposite in terms of performance, as it is moisturizing and is a typical winters scrub...

      Delete
  3. I tried this one couple years back but it didn't work for me
    Following you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome to the blog Sorath... Yeah it might not work well esp if you have normal to oily skin...

      Delete
  4. Looks like a great scrub for dry skin, will look for it next time. Thanks for sharing, great review :)
    GlamupGirls

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have combination skin. I don't think it'll work for me. Great review! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it might not work well for you then... Thanks dear

      Delete
  6. such an honest review . I have been using st.ives for a few months and was thinking to switch with himalya one but looks like not a good option . Thanks Huda <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for ur kind words hun... Glad my review helped you.. :)

      Delete
  7. WALNUT SCRUB... a big no for me as my skin is toooooooo sensitive, but great review :) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have sensitive skin too but this one is gentle on skin.. However, its still a big NO for normal to oily skin..

      Delete
  8. yes I love himalaya's face washes & scrubs just have to ignore the medicinal odour these products have.nice review

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the strong medicinal odor is the best term to describe that... but well yeah the scrub is working well for me in winters

      Delete
  9. would you like to follow each other, dear? I'd like to keep in touch!
    Let me know with a comment on my blog, I promise that I'll follow you back!

    ❁ Fall favourites - Lifestyle, Food, Clothes, Makeup! ❁
    My blog: J'aime les feuilles rouges

    Marta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear...yes sure..following ur blog now, its great :)

      Delete

I truly appreciate the valuable feedback of my followers. So feel free to leave your comments :)

( Note:Please avoid leaving your blog/site URLs in comments )

The Lipstickholic. Powered by Blogger.
PakBlogging - Pakistani Blog Aggregator