Review: Catrice Pure Shine Color Lip Balm in "(060) Go Flamingo Go!"

15:48:00

Hey there beauties,


Hope you all are doing great and enjoying the foggy winter days. Today I have another lip crayon review to share with you. It's Catrice Pure Shine Color Lip Balm in shade "(060) Go Flamingo Go". So without further talking let's just get to the review and see what I have to say about this lip balm crayon.

Catrice Pure Shine Color Lip Balm in "(060) Go Flamingo Go!"
Catrice Pure Shine Color Lip Balm in "(060) Go Flamingo Go!"
Catrice Pure Shine Color Lip Balm in "(060) Go Flamingo Go!"
The texture and feel of this pure shine color lip balm is exactly like a lip balm. Its finish is kind of glossy but it doesn't feel sticky or tacky. It is not very pigmented and provides sheer to medium coverage. It hydrates and moisturizes the lips really well and leaves the lips feeling soft and supple even after the color fades away. I can say this is the most moisturizing lip crayon I have ever used till now.

This particular shade "Go Flamingo Go!" seems like a bright orange shade from the packaging. But surprisingly inside the tube it is a very wearable orange-peachy kind of shade. On my lips, it appears as a subtle peachy pink shade and leaves a slightly darker coral stain after few hours. The shade is perfect for spring or summers but I love using it in winters too. Staying power of this balm is not very remarkable as a lip crayon but still decent enough for a lip balm. It fades evenly but the actual color stays on my lips for about 2-3 hours at max and after that it leaves the orangish-coral kind of stain on my lip which lasts an extra hour. The best part is even after the color fades away, my lips stay hydrated and moisturized all day long.
Catrice Pure Shine Color Lip Balm  Go Flamingo Go! Swatch
Catrice Pure Shine Color Lip Balm  Go Flamingo Go! Lip Swatch
Overall, this works great as a lip balm with a sheer hint of color. It provides long lasting hydration to lips and leaves a nice stain on lips after the actual color fades off. Although am not a fan of glossy products But I still like using it everyday. However, if you are looking for a long lasting full coverage lip crayon then this one is not for you. Thanks to this pure shine color lip balm, I no more have to worry about chapped/dry lips in winters.

The Goods:
  • Works great as a lip balm with a hint of color
  • Provides long lasting hydration
  • Great for dried/chapped lips
  • Leaves a beautiful coral stain
  • Doesn't feel tacky
 The Bads:
  • A bit expensive for a lip balm
  • Average staying power
  • Not very pigmented


Price & Availability: Available at all Catrice counters Nationwide. I purchased mine from Scentsations Safa Gold Mall (Islamabad) for PKR 970/- only. Few Shades are also available online at Beauty arena.



My Rating: 4/5... as a lip balm !!!



Have you tried Catrice Pure Shine Lip Balm yet..??? Don't forget to leave your comments.



Like my reviews and posts...??? Don't forget to follow my blog via GFC... :)

Show your love and join "The Lipstickholic" on Facebook, Instagram and Bloglovin too... !!!




Love,
The Lipstickholic

You Might Also Like

52 comments

  1. Lovely review huda but for that price i think there are better lip crayons availae

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sherry...Yes its a bit pricey for a lip balm. But it definitely is very moisturizing as compared to all the lip crayons I have tried till now.

      Delete
  2. I swatches a couple of these and similar ones in Rimmel. They don't last very long or take points for the pigmentation. Your review is right on! :) Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad u liked the review Bia... :) I was actually looking for bourjois peach on the beach but couldn't find that so ended up buying this.. And luckily its great for dealing with my dry lips in winters

      Delete
  3. 970 for a just a lip balm, I guess I will think before making that purchase...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes its a bit too pricey for just a lip balm... But it really is super hydrating.

      Delete
  4. Nice review... i wont pay 970 for less pigmentation... ill check dmgm one now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes check the DMGM ones. They are amazing have better pigmentation and are long lasting

      Delete
  5. This balm does look hydrating but i always look for long lasting staying power as my lips get dehydrated and chapped so quickly. You did great review :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Story of my life: where is the staying power?? I saw these in the drugstore but I always look for a good lip balm before the tint! great review!
    xo
    Alice | Alice's Beauty Madness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alice... Yeah I wish they had better staying power.. But considering a balm the staying power isn't bad so you should give these a try.

      Delete
  7. bit expensive for a lip balm and I do have loads so I will give this one a miss.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't believe that Catrice is so expensive in other countries :O
    In Germany we pay about half the price :/
    But though, that would not justify that lame pigmentation

    Have a nice day :)
    Aimie from The Channel Of Creation

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes exactly... This is such a dilemma that we have to pay such higher prices for even drugstore brands here.. Have a great week ahead :)

      Delete
  9. Looks lovely on you! dont think it's a shade I would wear.

    Sophie
    xx
    www.pocockins.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't herd of this brand before. Not sure they are in the UK but it looks lovely on you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely review and a lovely looking product! I'm a huge fan of the revlon lip butters and this looks very similar :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes its formula is pretty similar but this is somehow less pigmented.. :)

      Delete
  12. Nice review, it sounds as though you are really impressed by it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm not a fan of tinted lip products, but the packaging is pretty :)

    Laura
    Pink Frenzy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Possibly not for me, I haven't been wowed by the products I have from the range so far x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't really impressed with the lipstick I bought... But this has worked quite well for my dried/chapped lips :)

      Delete
  15. It's pretty but agree it doesn't seem worth spending a lot of money on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I agree.. Esp, if you aren't a fan of glossy products

      Delete
  16. Pretty shade. Looks like one of the maybelline lip butters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Formula is pretty similar to lip butters.. :)

      Delete
  17. Hey,
    I really like your Blog! Do you want to support each other and follow via GFC?
    Only if you like my Blog too :) It would be really nice.

    Greetings Sophia xx,
    sophias-fashion.de

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your new layout doll :) I have not tried any of Catrice lip products as of yet but this shade is so pretty yet natural looking on you. Chubby sticks are all rage this entire year ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sana ... I love chubby sticks, they are much more convenient to use

      Delete
  19. It looks like and soft, glad its not sticky - I would hate that!

    ReplyDelete
  20. how I promise, I follow you back :) have a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful Color

    FOLLOW my Blog!!! Maybe we can follow each other!!!
    http://rimanerenellamemoria.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  22. not worth the price...i was disappointed as well.

    ReplyDelete
  23. The price is too much. Although the product looks good as a lip balm but then again we have so many cheaper options for lip balms right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah agree, but I have to agree that this is the most moisturizing balm ever.. :)

      Delete
  24. Looks so yummy in the tube! Won't comment on price as I'm sure you already feel annoyed reading the same thing over and over! :P

    p.s: Congrats once again for everything you have achieved in your blogging journey! My bestest wishes are always with you! :*

    Jadirah Sarmad | Jasmine Catches Butterflies ʚϊɞ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks a lot Jadirah, means a lot to me coming from such a great blogger like you... :)

      Delete
  25. This looks super-moisturizing! Would have been a winner if pigmentation was slightly better. Still its a nice, sheer color :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finally someone who understands why I gave this 4/5 rating.. It is really very hydrating, but yes I too wish it had slightly better pigmentation..

      Delete

I truly appreciate the valuable feedback of my followers. So feel free to leave your comments :)

( Note:Please avoid leaving your blog/site URLs in comments )

The Lipstickholic. Powered by Blogger.
PakBlogging - Pakistani Blog Aggregator