Review: Makeup Revolution Salvation Velvet Lip Lacquers in "Keep Flying For You" & "What I Believe"

13:46:00

Hey Everyone,


Hope you all are doing well. You must have seen my makeup revolution haul in my last blog post. Many of you asked me to review some of these new beauties soon. So today I am reviewing the product that I was most excited to try. Am talking about "Makeup Revolution Salvation Velvet Lip Lacquers". In my first small haul, I got just one shade (Keep flying for you) to try and see how it works. The shade I bought was quite bright. Then, I decided to buy another shade (What I believe) that can be used everyday easily. Let's see what I have to say about these velvet lacquers.

Makeup Revolution Salvation Velvet Lip Lacquers
Makeup Revolution Salvation Velvet Lip Lacquers
Makeup Revolution Salvation Velvet Lip Lacquer Applicator
Okay so there is nothing much to talk about the packaging. These come with an outer gold colored packaging as I have shown in one of the pictures above. These lacquers have the regular gloss tube like packaging with a doe-foot applicator.  The applicator picks just the right amount of color to apply on lips. It spreads the color evenly on lips.

How To Apply:
Applying these lacquers can be a bit tricky initially. It took me 3 days to learn the right way to apply these. You can follow these steps to apply these lacquers for a perfectly even velvet matte pout.
  • Carefully apply a fine layer of this lacquer on the lips and let it dry. (Warning: Don't rub your lips at all until it dries out completely).
  • Leave the mouth open or lips apart for a minute and let it dry and then close your lips/mouth.
  • Still its better not to rub your lips together immediately after it has dried out.
If not applied properly, the lacquer may appear uneven or patchy on the lips. But once it is applied properly and is dried out, it turns to a beautiful velvet matte finish which I like a lot.

Formula and Finish:
Now talking about the formula and finish of these lacquers. These lacquers are so creamy apply smoothly on lips. These are really very very pigmented and just one swipe is enough to provide full coverage. These lacquers may feel a bit tacky before they dry out completely. But once the completely dry out they don't feel tacky or sticky at all. What I like about these lacquers is they don't dry your lips out. However, they may enhance any cracks or uneven patches on your lips.

Now I will be discussing both the shades individually as my experience with both shades was different.

Keep Flying For You:
"Keep Flying For You" is a bright NEON orange/coral shade. Yes it is very neon. It is a very pretty shade but a kind of shade that I won't be using a lot. I would say am a bit disappointed with the staying power of this shade. It stays on your lips for about 2-3 hours (with minimal eating and drinking). After 3 hours it starts to crumple from the center. The worst thing is it fades away unevenly. You could see a line around your lips with some patches of lacquer in middle too after 3-4 hours.
Keep Flying for You Lip Swatch
Keep Flying for You Fading Unevenly After Few Hours
What I Believe: 
"What I Believe" is a very pretty tea pink kind of shade. It is looking much pale pink in the pictures but actually appears as a pretty light barbie pink shade on my lips. I love this shade and will be using this more often ^_^ Although it also starts crumpling from the center after few hours of application. But still it fades less unevenly. I also noticed this particular shade lasted a bit longer on my lips. Am in love with this shade.
What I Believe Lip Swatch
At the end we have arm swatches of both the shades.
Left: Keep Flying for You---Right: What I Believe
So overall, I love the matte velvet finish of these lacquers and love the shade "What I Believe" for everyday use. These are very pigmented. Both the shades performed differently for me. The darker shade didn't last longer and faded much unevenly. Whereas, the lighter shade stayed on my lips for a bit longer time. Once you learn to apply these the right way, you may be able to get some extended staying power out of these. Am still tempted to get more shades as am in love with the finish of these velvet lacquers.

The Goods:
  • Very Pigmented
  • Velvet Matte Finish
  • Affordable (As compared to other velvet matte lacquers)
  • Does not feel drying on lips 
  • Decent Staying Power
The Bads:
  • Not very long lasting
  • Tend to crumple and fade unevenly
  • Application can be tricky

Price & Availability:  These velvet lacquers are available online at Just4girls for PKR 550/- each. For international readers these are available online at Makeup Revolution Website for £3.00/-


My Rating: 3.5/5....Good



Have you tried Makeup Revolution Salvation Velvet Lip Lacquers...?? What you think about these...???




Like my reviews and posts...??? Don't forget to follow my blog via GFC... :)

Show your love and join "The Lipstickholic" on Facebook, Instagram and Bloglovin too... !!!





Love,
The Lipstickholic

You Might Also Like

37 comments

  1. These lip lacquers are very pretty - I especially love the pink shade. It's a shame they fade unevenly though! x

    www.lovetelina.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...yes too bad they fade unevenly. But the pink one was much better in terms of performance, staying power and fading. So I love that one.. :)

      Delete
  2. the colors are very pretty, too bad they don't last much!! (I'm all for long lasting lippies)
    Love that you put the "after" pic! gives a good idea!!
    xo
    Alice|Alice's Beauty Madness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I wish they had better staying power but still love their finish and texture. Thanks for the appreciation.. :)

      Delete
  3. Love the colours :) Honest review :) And please review that makeup revloution awesome palette .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anna...Sure I will try to do that too after EID perhaps.. :)

      Delete
  4. They are pretty shades, but once they are on the lips, I like them less x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I like them more on lips...coz of the matte finish.. Thanks :)

      Delete
  5. Pretty shades and pretty packaging, but they look super drying :o

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The best thing is these are not drying at all. They just set to a dry/matte finish but don't dry the lips out.. :)

      Delete
  6. I tried I Fall In Love and it lasted so well it didn't come off until the next day when I scrubbed my lips :P Hahah I put it on before dinner to see how long it would last and it impressed me a lot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow that's great.. I think lasting power varies from shade to shade or depends on how we apply it. I am impressed with the pink one I got, while Orange shade was a bit of disappointment for me..But overall, I love these <3

      Delete
  7. My favourite lip matte shades are the boujois paris velvet edition ones - the last forever and are well priced! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great.. I need to check those too. Have been hearing a lot about those lately.

      Delete
  8. lovely colors but looks dry on lips i think for these need some gloss :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It isn't much drying on lips.. but yes the finish is matte

      Delete
  9. Thanks for sharing. I love both colors, but the fact they crumble off is sad to hear. I wonder if a gloss would help. But then it's not matte anymore=(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes exactly what I like about these is the matte finish... So using a gloss would take away that... :)

      Delete
  10. These are both such pretty shades, I think I'd get most wear from What I Believe, too. Shame they fade so unevenly :(

    Jess xo
    http://just-jesss.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah wish they faded less unevenly. But the shades and finish of these is lovely... :)

      Delete
  11. Nice post, great tips :)

    http://dreamland1234.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Uneven fading is such a turn off. Although i like both colors. Nice review huda.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is... But I love both the colors too :) Thanks

      Delete
  13. i ordered one gloss but texture is not impressive i believe :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I haven't tried their glosses yet. But texture of these lacquers is pretty nice....

      Delete
  14. The failure of MUA Lip Lacquers has scared me enough to stay away from these. I am hearing mixed reviews and I know for a fact I might end up buying these. Thanks for the comparison swatches on the lips :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol yeah agree ... Everyone is having different experience with these lacquers. Even the two shades I got performed differently for me I luv the lighter pink one... :) <3 You should get few of these to try these out yourself... ^_^

      Delete
  15. The shade what I believe seems to be a nice everyday pink pinkbut I hate the way they crack from the center I mean it looks so ugly

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey I personally think that they're good. I tried out attract and vamp and they're awesome colors. Just exfoliate your lips and use a lip primer which is the one I use, nyx lip primer. Hope it helps! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey thanks for sharing the tip. Will try it out :)

      Delete

I truly appreciate the valuable feedback of my followers. So feel free to leave your comments :)

( Note:Please avoid leaving your blog/site URLs in comments )

The Lipstickholic. Powered by Blogger.
PakBlogging - Pakistani Blog Aggregator