Review: MUA Undress Your Skin Highlighting Powder in "Iridescent Gold"

13:13:00

Hey lovelies,


Hope u all are doing great and enjoying the pleasant change in the weather. Well am obsessed with highlighters currently and bought 2 new highlighters recently. One of them is the new MUA undress your skin highlighter in shade "Iridescent Gold". Since the day I saw it online, this highlighter grabbed my attention. The previous original MUA pearly pink undress your skin highlighter was really impressive and it performed so well for me. That's why I was so tempted to try this new gorgeous gold shade. So after trying it regularly for a few days, let's see what I have to say about this highlighter.

MUA Undress Your Skin Highlighting Powder in "Iridescent Gold"
MUA Undress Your Skin Highlighting Powder in "Iridescent Gold"
MUA Undress Your Skin Highlighting Powder in "Iridescent Gold"
This new undress your skin highlighter has the same lovely wavy pattern like the previous (original) highlighter. The packaging is not so sturdy but the plastic pan is big enough and has enough quantity of highlighter inside. Ahhhh....the highlighter looks so gorgeous inside the pan. I can't take my eyes off it.

The texture may seem a bit powdery in the pan, but when applied on skin it looks and feels so silky smooth. It applies and blends very easily. Even without any foundation or primer, it applies and blends easily. However, the soft blend-able texture leads to some fall out in the pan. I have dry/combo skin and luckily this highlighter doesn't enhance any dryness on my skin. I love how it adds a nice subtle shin to the skin without making your face look like a disco ball. This highlighter is very pigmented. A little amount of this highlighter is enough to provide a nice subtle glow to your face. Staying power of this highlighter is pretty great too. It lasted on me for about more than 5 hours which is quite reasonable.

Talking about the color, it is a light ivory or I should say its a kind of white gold colored highlighter with some silver undertones. It has some fine shimmer particles in it. But once applied, the shimmer isn't visible at all and it gives a nice subtle pale-silver kinda sheen which I love. This shade is just perfect and so gorgeous. It will suit almost any skin tone. Here are the swatches of this highlighter in natural and indoor lighting:
MUA "Iridescent Gold" Highlighter Swatch in Indoor Lighting
MUA "Iridescent Gold" Highlighter Swatch in Natural Day Light
As you can see this highlighter has a very light gold or Ivory kind of color with silver undertones which are more visible in natural day light. It is somehow looking more silverish in the swatches but actually this highlighter appears much pale-gold when applied on face. The texture of the highlighter might not be looking very smooth in the swatches too. But once applied, it looks so subtle and smooth. Here is a glimpse of how the highlighter looks when applied on my skin.
MUA "Iridescent Gold" Highlighter applied on cheekbones
This highlighter is considered to be a dupe for the famous NARS Albatross highlighter. I don't own the NARS one. But just for the sake of comparison, am going to compare this with The Balm Mary-Lou Manizer, my ultimate favorite highlighter.
Left: MUA Iridescent Gold ------ Right: The Balm Mary-Lou
Left: MUA Iridescent Gold ------ Right: The Balm Mary-Lou (Swatches in Day Light)
As you can see, Mary-lou is a much different and a much deeper champagne colored highlighter. Whereas this MUA highlighter is a very light ivory/gold colored highlighter with some silver undertones.  So it's definitely not comparable to the Mary-lou. But yes, as per the swatches I have seen online, it looks like a perfect dupe for the NARS Albatross.

Overall, I am in love with this highlighter. Considering the price, its a great drugstore highlighter. MUA once again has impressed me with this highlighter and I definitely recommend you to try it.


The Goods:
  • Gorgeous light gold shade with silver undertones
  • Silky smooth finish
  • Highly pigmented
  • Provides a nice subtle sheen
  • Inexpensive

The Bads:
  • Availability in Pakistan
  • Fall out in pan

Price & Availability: I got mine from Facebook Page Bells for PKR 700/- only. MUA undress your skin highlighter is available online at MUA's website for £3.00. In Pakistan you can order this highlighter through any Facebook Page. 


My Rating: 4/5


Have you tried MUA undress your skin highlighter yet..? Do let me know what you think about this...



Like my reviews and posts...??? Don't forget to follow my blog via GFC... :)

Show your love and join "The Lipstickholic" on Facebook, Instagram and Bloglovin too... !!!





Love,
The Lipstickholic

You Might Also Like

70 comments

  1. LOVED reading your review! I am trying it on these days as well and I agree that its texture isn't very smooth in the pan. Looks super cute on you :-D
    Cheers, hun! Great review

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bia...Looking forward to read your take on this highlighter too.. and thanks a lot hun, I worked so hard on this review so ur appreciation means a lot... ^_^

      Delete
  2. Lovely reviw Huda :)
    wajihaslifediary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds great for such price and looks lovely on your cheek :)
    GlamupGirls

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love dupe products but now I don't use highlighters anymore but I used to like it. Thanks for the review, btw.

    xoxo, The Touch of Yellow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked the review.. And your welcome :)

      Delete
  5. U make me want it! But ill resist :p lovely swatches n thanks for comparing it with Mary-lou-manizer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol...I am tempted to buy the makeup revolution highlighter now. But I will resist... Thanks love... :)

      Delete
  6. I want this is in my life :) so beautiful on your face. Perfect

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't find this in any of my local Superdrug stores, nor can I find last year's one either! It looks so pretty too :'(

    Sara | This Girl Loves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww Sara.. I hope you find it somewhere soon.. This sure is a great drugstore highlighter.. :)

      Delete
  8. It looks really pretty on you. I wish it was a bit warmer though......
    Great review :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hira, this kinda shade just blends with ur natural complexion so it will look good on almost any skin tone. :)

      Delete
  9. I think I still prefer the Mary Lou version based on your swatches x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it definitely can't beat Mary-lou, but still a great budget alternative for everyday use.. :)

      Delete
  10. Lovely review huda ..it loooks soooo gorgeous on you MashAllahb.... Can you compare the two MUA ones with each other ? Like the finish, the fall out and the texture please ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Sherry.. Well actually, I wasn't using that pinky pearly MUA highlighter a lot coz of the color. So I sold it in my blog sale last month. I reviewed that highlighter separately last year in my early days of blogging though. The texture of both the highlighters is almost same, and they feel creamy and look silky when switched on finger or applied on face.
      You can check my review on the original highlighter here:
      MUA Undress You Skin Highlighter Review (Original Version)

      Delete
  11. Ahhhhh!! So pretty in the pan and it looks sooooo good on you pretty girl :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes it looks gorgeous in the pan...Thanks a lot Sadaf... :)

      Delete
  12. Love how it looks on you Huda!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am again falling for Mary-Lou :D :D I want these both and the MUR baked heart one too ^_^. Lovely post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks....Mary-lou is just woooow... But if you are looking for a budget highlighter...try this shade by MUA. Am sure you will love it :)

      Delete
    2. I wanted this one but then it never came back on J4G. Now I have MUR baked one in my wishlist and Marry-Lou :D

      Delete
    3. That MUR baked highlighter is great too. I wanna try that too. :)

      Delete
  14. This looks beautiful, not that I need any more highlighters... It looks amazing on you! I always find MUA products are susuch good quality for the price :)

    Jess xo
    http://just-jesss.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aaaaaaaaaa! Everyone has it and i want it toooo! Nice review sweety.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should get this too Kiran.. :) thanks sweety

      Delete
  16. Oh I'm so glad to see that they have a golden one! i habe the pink one and never use it because it's just not for me skin tone. I'll check this one out!!
    xo
    Alice|Alice's Beauty Madness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes am glad too that they introduced this gold shade... the previous one wasn't the best shade for my skin tone too... :)

      Delete
  17. I agree it looks very similar to Albatross! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  18. loved the review.... I want these both in my life <3

    ReplyDelete
  19. It looks gorgeous and as you said it also works great... Thanks for a great review and suggesting it :)

    Love XoxoX

    ReplyDelete
  20. Well this sounds lovely! Not a highlighter fan but since it's so cheap I might give this a shot :)


    http://creepersandcupcakes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  21. Loving it... it looks great
    But no more buying for me:$

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nida...and lol ya no more highlighters for me too... :D

      Delete
  22. I love highlighters. My fave is a Nars highlighter. It has this golden color that just looks great with my skin town. Its liquid so it makes me also look dewy. Love it! Need to restock it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great... I have yet to try the NARS one..thanks for sharing ur favorite.. :)

      Delete
  23. This looks lovely - I've been meaning to get it for a while! ~

    ReplyDelete
  24. I have one of these, however it's more of a pink champagne colour and I love it! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I had that pink one too, but this color is more appropriate for my skin tone :)

      Delete
  25. great review and your so much raving made me order this :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad u liked the review.. I hope u like it as much as I do :)

      Delete
  26. I own the MUA Undress Your Skin Highlighter in Pearly Pink & honestly I wasn't much impressed with the pigmentation and the quality of the product itself. But this one looks promising, although this one has silver undertones too and I believe silver undertones don't really flatter Asian skin tones much. I was especially looking forward to the comparison swatches between the two MUA highlighters. Nevertheless, nice review Huda! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Faryal.. When applied on skin this one blends with our natural complexion so the silver undertones aren't much prominent once applied on face... I actually sold my previous pinky pearl highlighter otherwise I would have compared the two for sure.. This one definitely has performed better for me and suits my skin tone more... :)

      Delete
  27. Great review! And it's not even expensive, might give it a try.

    Please follow back. Thanks! x
    http://ohmymascara.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aesha... Yeah sure checking ur blog just now :)

      Delete
  28. Wow this is looking fab <3
    Will check it out very soon :)
    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  29. I sooo love the highlighter on your skin.It looks fabulous.I just wana go and get it after ur review.Lovely. <3 xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks Shehrzad... You should try this out for sure. I hope you love it as much as I do... <3 :)

      Delete
  30. Whoa stunning highlight! Totally need to get this.

    ReplyDelete
  31. A must have, Its too damn
    pretty.lovely post girl:)

    ReplyDelete
  32. MUA products are amazing ! I cant wait to try their highlighter. Thanks for the amazing review

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Am glad you liked the review :) Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete

I truly appreciate the valuable feedback of my followers. So feel free to leave your comments :)

( Note:Please avoid leaving your blog/site URLs in comments )

The Lipstickholic. Powered by Blogger.
PakBlogging - Pakistani Blog Aggregator