Review: Labello Lip Butter Original

16:32:00

Hello lovelies,

So winter is at it's peak and I recently discovered this new Lip Butter by Labello. I mentioned this lip butter in my last haul post and have been using this for over a week now.

What the Labello Lip Butter claims: "The indulging Lip Butter formula pampers lips and relieves dry, chapped lips. It seals in moisture in your lips long- lastingly and leaves the sensitive skin of the lips well protected against the external influences"

Today am going to share my thoughts on this lip butter after using and testing this regularly for more than a week. Let's see what I have to say about this.....

Labello Lip Butter Original
Labello Lip Butter Original

Labello Lip Butter Original Ingredients

Starting from the packaging. This lip butter comes in a small flat round container. The lid of the container is very tight which makes it travel friendly too. The small container contains 19ml of product. Inside the container you will find the thick white lip butter. The "original" lip butter has no particular taste and smell. There were two more lip butters available (a pink and a cream one).I bought this in winters so when I opened it the texture of the butter looked solid and hard because of the low temperature but once I pressed my finger against it, it felt very soft and creamy. I think storing this lip butter will be an issue in summers because of it's soft and buttery texture.

Since it's a lip butter, it's texture is a bit thicker than regular lip balms. But still, it does not feel heavy on the lips. However, if you have always used regular lip balms, you may find it a bit heavy/thick. It applies smoothly on the lips and makes the lips feel soft and smooth. This lip butter absorbs easily into the lips and I don't find it greasy or sticky. Am glad because I hate sticky lip products. It really hydrates the lips well and the hydration does last long enough. Also, it adds a little shine to the lips but the shine disappears after sometime.

The only thing I don't like about this lip butter is the white cast it leaves on the lips. This lip butter leaves a thin whitish layer over the lips which makes me look washed out... Arggg..!! But well, the good news it that the white cast disappears after some time. I don't mind it now since I use this lip butter only at night before going to bed. You need to apply a thin layer of this lip butter over the lips so that it absorbs quickly into the lips. A thick layer may feel heavy on the lips. I swatches a thick layer of the lip butter on my arm for you all and then applied a normal layer on my lips. Here are the swatches:

Labello Lip Butter Original (Thick arm swatch)
Labello Lip Butter Original (Lip Swatch)
Overall, I love this lip butter and it's great for winters. These lip butters are much creamier and more hydrating than the previous Labello Fruity Shine Lip Balms. I still love the fruity shine lip balms and will continue to use those in the daytime and will use this lip butter at night or before applying any matte/drying lipstick. These lip butters are so affordable and am definitely planning to buy more flavors soon.. :)

The Goods:
  • Hydrates and moisturizes the lips
  • Contains shea butter and almond oil
  • Provides long lasting hydration
  • Does not feel sticky and greasy
  • Keeps the lips soft and smooth
  • Adds shine to the lips
The Bads:
  • Leaves behind a slight white cast on the lips (which disappears after sometime)
  • Some people may find the container/jar packaging unhygienic
Price & Availability: I bought this lip butter from D.watson for PKR 265/- only. Labello lip butters and other lip care products are now available at all leading cosmetic and drugstores in Pakistan.


Have you tried the labello lip butters...??? Don't forget to leave your comments and thoughts on this review...!!!

If you like my reviews and posts, don't forget to follow my blog via GFC.

Follow "The Lipstickholic" on Facebook, Instagram and Bloglovin too... :)


Love,
Lipstickholic

You Might Also Like

32 comments

  1. I'm always on the hunt for lip products. However, the white cast issue is with TBS and Labello lip butters that I have used. :-/ I used to think probably I don't apply it well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too... always in search of new lip products... :) And no, it's not just you, I guess all the lip butters with thick texture leave this white cast to the lips..

      Delete
  2. not a huge fan of lip butters...only use them in winters...this seems good...nice review
    the girlz gallery

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks,,,Ya I also use lip butters only in winters and love lip balms/tints for summers.

      Delete
  3. lip butters are must have in winters. Thanks for sharing dear!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so crazy for lip butters, balms and scrubbers for lips.... I already heard very good words for this I have noted your views and adding in my list :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dear... You should defo try these... :)

      Delete
  5. I think i must try this. By the way such a detailed review.....xoxoxoxoxo.......:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you should... oh hehe yeah when it comes to reviewing or even writing anything I just can't keep it short...Hope you liked the review :)

      Delete
    2. Not only liked it.....Infact I loved it.....detailed reviews are always eye catchy.....xoxoxoxoxo.....:)

      Delete
  6. I wanna try this so much! haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great but I don't like to use container packaging, nice review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Huda.. :) Yes the container packaging seems a bit unhygienic to use...

      Delete
  8. I live this lip butter i got it recently and lived it :) a must try :) i will buy another labello lip butter in rasberry :D nuce review huda :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah saw ur lip butter pic on insta.. :) I'll buy the raspberry too.... thanks ^_^

      Delete
  9. I wonder if there's the white cast issue with the tinted versions of these as well! Nice review! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear...Hmmm I m also wondering the same.Planning to try the tinted ones too...will let u know then :)

      Delete
  10. is this meant to be similar to the Nivea lip butters? because we love the nivea lip butters!

    http://mkstyleramblings.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes these are the same. In some countries Labello lip butters are known as Nivea lip butters but the company is same. However, I havn't actually tried the nivea butters coz they are not available here..

      Delete
  11. I don't like lip balms in pots/tins but I will check Labello's stick range. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you should try the stick range Shang... :)

      Delete
  12. I didn't like the fruity shine lip balms much but this one seems nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Kiran these are more moisturizing then the fruity shine balms....

      Delete
  13. Thanks for visiting and following my blog. I've now followed you back.

    vivianista.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love lip butters, thankyou for the review =)

    ReplyDelete

I truly appreciate the valuable feedback of my followers. So feel free to leave your comments :)

( Note:Please avoid leaving your blog/site URLs in comments )

The Lipstickholic. Powered by Blogger.
PakBlogging - Pakistani Blog Aggregator