Review: Catrice Camouflage Cream in "Ivory"

16:09:00

Hey beauties,

So today I am going to share my thoughts on the most raved about drugstore concealer. Am talking about the "Catrice camouflage cream". Recently a lot of bloggers were writing and talking about the amazing coverage of this concealer which tempted me to try it. Luckily, I was able to get one for me from J4G. The shade I bought is "Ivory". Let's see what I have to say about this concealer after trying it....

Catrice Camouflage Cream in Ivory
Catrice Camouflage Cream in Ivory
Catrice camouflage cream comes in a little black plastic pot like container. The small pot is travel-friendly and convenient to use. The texture of this concealer is thick and creamy. The texture of this concealer is almost solid inside the pot (may be because of the cold weather these days). But still, the concealer is easy to swatch and use....yaaay..!!!

When I first tried this concealer I was seriously blown away by the coverage it provides. I mean WOW it really covers well. A sheer layer of this concealer is just enough to do the job. Don't apply too much or it may look a bit cakey or even claggy. I take a very thin layer of this concealer on my finger tip and then apply it under my eyes where I need the most coverage. For blending, I tap this concealer gently into my skin using the same finger and it blends so well. You can use a concealer brush if you like.

I have dry/combo skin in winters and this concealer does not enhance any under eye dryness. It doesn't crease or settle into fine lines for me. If you still feel that you can have the creasing issue with this cream concealer then don't forget to set it with a good setting powder. The only issue I have with this concealer is the limited shade range. I picked the lightest shade for myself but the shade is actually lighter when applied than it looks in the pot. It looks fine on my skin tone especially when applied over my foundation but I still feel mixing this shade with a slightly darker shade will create an even better match for me.

Catrice Camouflage Cream in "Ivory" Arm Swatch
Left: Bare Eye - Right: Catrice Camouflage Cream applied
In the above picture I have applied only a very thin layer of catrice camouflage cream in "ivory" without any primer, foundation or powder. You can see that it covers the dark circles really well and doesn't look cakey. Overall, I love this concealer a lot and I think it will work even better for covering blemishes or pimples. The best part is the staying power of this concealer. It lasted on me almost all day which is greattttt.

The Goods:
  • Great coverage
  • Blends easily
  • Does not settle into fine line
  • Doe not crease
  • Amazing staying power
  • Very little amount of product is needed
  • Affordable
The Bads:
  • Limited shade range (Finding the perfect match for your skin tone can be difficult)
  • Availability in Pakistan
Price & Availability: I bought this concealer from online store Just4girls.pk for PKR 580/- only.

Rating: 4.5/5


Hope you like this review. Don't forget to leave your comments and make my day.....!!!

Don't forget to follow my blog via GFC (widget on the right).

To stay updated, follow "The Lipstickholic" on Instagram, Facebook and Bloglovin too..... :)


Love,
Lipstickholic

You Might Also Like

36 comments

  1. Great review, does it has a brightening effect.?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I won't say it is very brightening as compared to other under eye illuminating concealers... But yes it does brighten the eye are a bit after application...

      Delete
    2. That's why didn't include the brightening effect in the "Pros". Its a full coverage, thick concealer so I won't actually list it in the brightening concealers category :)

      Delete
  2. Great review Huda. You have beautiful eyes masha Allah <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked the review Fia.... oh and thanks for the compliment.. :)

      Delete
  3. I was actually waiting for your review on this. Glad it suited you well. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cheeky Chic ... Hope the review was helpful for you :)

      Delete
  4. nice review .. loved it
    http://www.rumahsmakeupdelight.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice review , but you think it will work well while covering dark cirlcles ? i mean the shade is too light n will make the area grey .. ????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it works well while covering dark circle...However, I do feel the circles do look a bit greyish because the color is really light... But after applying foundation and setting powder it just looks fine...but still am planning to buy the medium shade from this range to mix and make my perfect match... :)

      Delete
  6. Im planning to try something new and i'll definitely check this out!:D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing coverage! This seems like a keeper! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow ! You barely have any dark circles to begin with haha! Lucky lady :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nooo I consider these dark circles wayyy to dark.. :D ...I dunno may be if they are looking less darker in the picture lol.... For me an under eye concealer is a must-have product for daily use...

      Delete
  9. omg.....where are the dark circles by the way....:O :O you are really lucky one have such cute eyes hun....xoxoxo....:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this review! Thanks for it!
    Following you via GFC, do follow back! :D
    FashHunny

    ReplyDelete
  11. i was waiting to read a review on this...I really like heavy coverage concealers..this looks really promising!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes this is just greatttt, especially for someone who likes full coverage concealer... :)

      Delete
  12. Nice review Dear... M yet to get my hands on catrice products :(

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just followed you back on GFC dear, but I can't see you in my followers. Could you check thath out again. Thanks. :)

    Blog: The Room 31

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just checked...you will be able to see now.. :) thanks

      Delete
  14. great post will try this concealer

    ReplyDelete
  15. This one is a keeper! I'm definitely going to get one soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. It looks like a highlighter, isn't it highlighting rather than concealing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No hun its actually good for concealing but yes the particular shade can be used to highlight too :)

      Delete

I truly appreciate the valuable feedback of my followers. So feel free to leave your comments :)

( Note:Please avoid leaving your blog/site URLs in comments )

The Lipstickholic. Powered by Blogger.
PakBlogging - Pakistani Blog Aggregator