Review: MUA Undress Your Skin Shimmer Highlighter

19:02:00

Hey there girls,

Most of my posts till now were related to lipsticks and lip products. So, I decided to review something different today and the product am going to review is "MUA undress your skin shimmer highlighter". This is a highlighting powder from the MUA "undress your skin" range. MUA has become one of my favorite drugstore cosmetics brand. All the recent products that I have tried from MUA have really impressed me.

MUA undress your skin shimmer highlighter
I don't usually use a highlighter on daily basis so I prefer buying a budget friendly, but a good one, as it just waits there in my makeup stash for any special event/party and hardly comes out. I previously used the Revlon skin lights illuminator which was discontinued later. I have also tried the Palladio shimmer strips and also few other loose powder highlighters but nothing worked great. So, I wanted to get my hands on this beauty from MUA and try it since I read about it on different blogs. Thankfully it was available on just4girls and I immediately bought it when saw it there.

MUA undress your skin shimmer highlighter
Now let's come to the review part. This highlighter comes in white elegant plastic packaging with transparent cover on it. The packaging is nice and sturdy plus you get a lot of amount in reasonable price. The powder is very fine and there is very less fall out which is great. It looks almost metallic in the pan but this is not the case when applied on skin. On the skin, it looks so beautiful and natural.

MUA undress your skin shimmer highlighter
MUA again has impressed me with this product. This is a pressed powder highlighter with very fine shimmer particles in it, which is very decent. The highlighter comes in only one shade that will suit many skin tones. The  color of this highlighter is not very yellow or silver when applied rather it looks slightly pinkish pearly ivory. The powder is very soft and feels silky smooth on skin.

MUA undress your skin shimmer highlighter
This powder is highly pigmented. You need to apply it with a very light hand otherwise it can look chalky and can enhance your dry patches. I have dry/combination skin in winters but this powder doesn't enhance any dryness on my face when applied lightly on the face. The fine shimmer particles reflect light perfectly and give the face a very nice, dewy finish. Here are the swatches of the highlighter when applied on the arm.

Arm swatch of MUA Undress Your Skin Shimmer Highlighter
Close up of the swatch
Photographing swatches of a highlighter is the most difficult thing I guess. Hope I did justice with the swatches. The arm swatches show how pigmented it is. I just took a little amount on my finger and blended it on my arm. It looks much more smoother when applied on the face and adds a nice glow. I use it under my brow bone and above my cheeks and this has become my favorite highlighter.

I like this highlighter a lot. However, the only thing I wish for is that MUA should have offered this in a few more shades. I like this shade but it might not suit everyone so there should be more colors to choose from. You only need to be careful with the application part. Don't apply too much or else it will enhance any dryness on the skin. Just use a stippling brush or a powder brush and apply it very light-handedly above your cheeks for adding a subtle glow.

Final words, if you are looking for a budget-friendly highlighter, don't skip this one. It's great and I definitely recommend you to try this.

Price & Availability: MUA cosmetics are available in Pakistan at Just4girls.pk. I bought mine last year from just4girls for PKR 500/- only. International readers can purchase MUA cosmetics online from their website.






Love,
Lipstickholic

You Might Also Like

12 comments

  1. Lovely review! I want to get this one but its always out of stock. I have heard that they are bringing back the Revlon skinlights sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks oh hope they restock it soon, ... and yes i heard they are launching revlon photoready skinlights...great na :)

      Delete
  2. Great and fantastic swatches..
    Followed you from saniawasif.blogspot.com <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is sooo pretty.... but always out of stock :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yah Fakhra it isss..heard its back in stock now at J4G :)

      Delete
  4. Seems like it's one of MUA's hot sellers! Looks very pretty in the swatch :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg I so want this!! Where can I get it from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Nida. I got mine from Just4girls but recently spotted this at FB page Bells. It is available at different Facebook pages. Check the pages beauty broadway, bells and amour. You can always pre-order it, if its not in stock. :)

      Delete

I truly appreciate the valuable feedback of my followers. So feel free to leave your comments :)

( Note:Please avoid leaving your blog/site URLs in comments )

The Lipstickholic. Powered by Blogger.
PakBlogging - Pakistani Blog Aggregator