Review: Wet n Wild Megaslicks Balm Stain in shade "A Stiff Pink"

13:33:00

Hey there beauties,

Hope you all are doing great. So as requested by many of you, here I am with the review of Wet n Wild Megaslicks Balm Stain in shade "A Stiff Pink". I bought this few weeks ago through Facebook Page Infinity. Well no more talking let's just get to the review and see what I have to say about it.

Wet n Wild Megaslicks Balm Stain in shade "A Stiff Pink"
Wet n Wild Megaslicks Balm Stain in shade "A Stiff Pink"
Wet n Wild Megaslicks Balm Stain in shade "A Stiff Pink"
Okay so if you are a regular reader of my blog, you would be knowing how much I love lip crayons. I find these twist-able kinda crayons or balm stains much convenient to use. This balm stain is one of those chubby crayon pencils too. What I like about it's packaging is the lid, which closes tightly. You can hear a click sound upon closing the lid which makes it safer to keep in bag and purse.

Now coming to the finish and formula of this balm stain. It applies smoothly on the lips and moisturizes and hydrate the lips well. When first applied, you will slightly feel a tingling sensation on the lips (probably due to any of kind of the ingredients inside). I also feel that this balm stain makes my lips appear fuller. The finish is kinda glossy in the start which turns to a semi-matte finish after sometime and by the end to a completely matte finish. This balm stain keeps the lip hydrated for few hours only and after that it leaves a stain. Even the stain doesn't make the lips feel dry (a bit dry though). I recently had an allergic reaction to one lip product. Therefore, my lips were quite chapped and dried out when I tried this stain. But luckily, it didn't enhance any dryness on the lips. It doesn't settle into fine lines or cracks either. Hydrates and nourishes the lips for a couple of hours. So overall, am in love with the formula.

This particular shade "A stiff pink" is a gorgeous bright pink shade. What I noticed about this balm stain is that it changes color. When applied freshly, its a gorgeous pink shade with blue undertones. After a while the bright blue toned pink becomes much darker fuchsia pink and then after few hours, it starts fading slowly. It is very pigmented. The coverage is medium but easily buildable. One swipe on lips provide medium coverage and another swipe results in full coverage. The color is so soooo bright. I wasn't expecting it to be that bright, but I love it. It's one of those shades that would suit almost any skin tone.

Am pretty impressed with the staying powder of this balm stain. It lasts on my lips for about 4-5 hours (with full meal and proper eating). After that it leaves a kind of stain on lips which stays for some extra couple of hours. When I was testing it, I applied it in morning and splashed my face with water 2-3 times during the day, had lunch, and still I could see the bright color (slightly faded) on my lips till eve. After that it started fading, and left a light stain which stayed till night. So the staying power is impressive. What I don't like about this balm is that it fades unevenly. So, the stain looks awkward with uneven patches of colors on your lips by the end of the day.

Okay now here are the swatches of this lovely shade. It looks much brighter in person and is looking less brighter in pictures somehow. The first lip swatch shows how it looks when freshly applied on lips and the last picture shows the faded stain it leaves after few hours.

Wet n Wild A Stiff Pink Arm Swatch
Wet n Wild A Stiff Pink Lip Swatch (Freshly Applied)
Wet n Wild A Stiff Pink Lip Swatch (Stain after a few hours of application)
Let me tell once again, for some reason the color is appearing less brighter in pictures. But actually it appears as a much much brighter and darker fuchsia pink shade on lips. Even the stain looks so bright and appears as a reddish pink stain. Overall, am impressed with this balm stain and love using it these days. Even my Mom loves it and is impressed with its staying power and great color payoff. Am surely gonna get more shades soon. At the end, we have the quick roundup summary.

The Goods: 
  • Good pigmentation
  • Hydrates and moisturizes the lips
  • Lovely shade that would suit almost all skin tones
  • Great staying power
  • Affordable
The Bads:
  • Fades unevenly
  • Hydration doesn't last long enough
  • Changes color after a while
  • Availability in Pakistan

Price & Availability:  I ordered mine from Beauty Joint through Facebook page Infinity for PKR 500/- only. You can check other Facebook pages too, to see if any of those have these in stock.
For international readers, this is available at Beauty Joint for $3.99/-


My Rating: 4/5.... Great...!!!



Have you tried any lipstick the wet n wild megaslicks balm stains yet..? Do leave your comments and thoughts on these..




Like my reviews and posts...??? Don't forget to follow my blog via GFC... :)

Show your love and join "The Lipstickholic" on Facebook, Instagram and Bloglovin too... !!!





Love,
The Lipstickholic

You Might Also Like

47 comments

  1. This one sounds great and so budget friendly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the swatch ... n price is too good .. thanks for the review dear
    Makeupoholics

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a great shade and despite fading unevenly, it looks like it has great staying power x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes am impressed with the staying power it has.. :)

      Delete
  4. love the color looks yummy on your lips <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty shade it is! That tingly feeling you said, that made your lips appear fuller :) It is characteristic of plumping lip products :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I was thinking exactly the same, may be they have something in ingredients with plumping properties too.. Thanks :)

      Delete
  6. Wow, this shade looks gorgeous!

    http://allthatfascination.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  7. Waw, I love this shade, so gorgeous,
    Enjoy your weekend :)

    http://dreamland1234.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Monika.. :) Have a great weekend ahead <3

      Delete
  8. Very nice, you have picked beautiful color :)
    GlamUpGirls

    ReplyDelete
  9. i so want to try this stain since the day its launched but never got a chance :( the color suits u really well....


    Latest Post on my Blog : Maybelline Color Elixir Lip Color

    Follow me :
    Facebook | Bloglovin | Twitter | GooglePlus | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shumaila... These are lovely, you should get few of these soon :)

      Delete
  10. Brilliant colour! I'm loving bright pinks at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your blog, its so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i haven't tried any of their products. its hard to get hold of them in the uk ><"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww...you should try one of these, I find them better than lipsticks for daily use :)

      Delete
  13. lovely color!! i love those types of lipsticks!!

    spiceadvicexo.blgospot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. does it stay the same color or does it change like revlon just bitten?you can not guess how excited i am to know that WnW have crayons too.and in such great price.Great review dear.Love you for it xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shehrzad it changes color too and after a while becomes much darker pink... But I like the color changing thing the color become much prettier after an hour or so ....:) Yes these are lovely and for the price amazingggg ....Thanks luv <3

      Delete
  15. If only one lip product I havent tried so far are lip balms... I need to try now... thanks for a lovely review

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Pleasure Huda.. :) Yes yes yes...you need to try these, am sure you will like these <3

      Delete
  16. This is such a lovely shade! Uneven fading is one of my major pet hates though so I think I'd give this a miss haha.

    Jess xo
    http://just-jesss.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jess... oh yes the uneven fading part is a bug turn off but still I love it... :)

      Delete
  17. Too bad it fades unevenly, but the color is so pretty! xo's

    Laura
    Pink Frenzy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the shade ^_^ and nice review dear. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely shade! and a great price also.

    Sophie
    xx
    www.pocockins.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sophie... Yes its amazing for price.. :)

      Delete
  20. The shade is really pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is such a pretty color. I am so tempted and wana try this soon.

    Sahar the Cozy Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  22. such a pretty colour n it looks lovely on u!

    ReplyDelete
  23. The shade really suits you :) mashallah! xo

    ReplyDelete
  24. hey
    im loving your blogs
    keep it up <3
    It will be great if you could take a look at my blogs too
    https://ayeshaziaa.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

I truly appreciate the valuable feedback of my followers. So feel free to leave your comments :)

( Note:Please avoid leaving your blog/site URLs in comments )

The Lipstickholic. Powered by Blogger.
PakBlogging - Pakistani Blog Aggregator