Review: NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Addis Ababa...!!!

14:25:00

Hey beauties,

Hope you all are doing great. Its all about liquid lipsticks this year and am on my hunt to find and try more and more of liquid lipsticks. Today am going to share my thoughts on another liquid lipstick that I recently tried. It's NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in shade "Addis Ababa". Wanna know what I have to say about it...??? Read my full review...

NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in "Addis Ababa"
NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in "Addis Ababa"
NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in "Addis Ababa"
The texture of NYX soft matte lip cream is slightly different than all the liquid lipsticks I have tried till now. Its more creamy in consistency than the rest of the liquid lipsticks. It applies very easily and evenly on lips and initially dries to a semi-matte finish. The semi-matte finish turns velvety matte after a while. This lip cream is fairly pigmented and provides great coverage in just one coat. It feels very light weight and soft on the lips and is very comfortable to wear. It is not at all drying and leaves my lips feeling soft and supple after use.

The shade "Addis Ababa" is a gorgeous blue based bright pink shade with slight hint of fuchsia in it. I have many pink lipsticks in my collection but none of those is similar to this one. Its just the perfect bright pink which instantly brightens the face. I so love this shade and its great for fair-medium or dark skin tones. The lasting power of this lip cream is quite remarkable too. It lasts on me for about 5 hours or more (with full meal) and then leaves a nice rosy pink stain which lasts for an extra couple of hour.
NYX Addis Ababa Soft Matte Lip Cream Arm Swatch
NYX Addis Ababa Soft Matte Lip Cream Lip Swatch
Isn't it a lovely shade...??? Overall, am highly pleased with the feel, texture and finish of this NYX lip cream. The pigmentation of this lip cream is not as great as the DMGM Photofix lip color but it is still good enough. This is by far the most comfortable to wear and non-drying liquid lipsticks that I have tried. For the price, I think its amazing and I definitely recommend you to try it.


The Goods:
  • Good pigmentation
  • Creamy texture applies easily and smoothly
  • Provides nice matte finish
  • Great staying power 
  • Does not feel drying
  • Feels lightweight on lips
  • Transfer-proof
The Bads:
  • Has a slightly weird taste (which is not much noticeable)
  • Not available locally


Price & Availability: NYX soft matte lip creams are available online at Just4girls.pk for Rs 820/- only. You can also order this in Pakistan through any Facebook page.
International readers can buy this from Beauty Joint for $6.00.



My Rating: 4.5/5...!!!



Have you tried this NYX Matte Lip Cream...??? What do you think of it...??? Don't forget to leave your comments...


Like my reviews and posts...??? Don't forget to follow my blog via GFC... :)


Show your love and join "The Lipstickholic" on Facebook, Instagram and Bloglovin too... !!!



Love,
Huda
The Lipstickholic

You Might Also Like

38 comments

  1. I love it! I have it in the shade "amsterdam".. i love this shade too..great review :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun. have many shades on my wishlist now. Amsterdam looks gorgeous too <3

      Delete
  2. Such a soft & fresh color! You're rocking it so well! I have yet to board the NYX soft matte lip cream bandwagon - can you imagine? :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a bunch hun. Oh mine you should try these out soon. I have yet to try the color pop stuff. Your collection and post has tempted me badly :D

      Delete
  3. Indeed the color is beautiful. Liquid lipsticks are a rage these day and I want to grab this one now. Great review and Yayy I'm the first one to comment:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure hun. Yes you should try this out, am sure it wont disappoint you :)

      Delete
  4. Very beautiful shade. Love that lasting power.
    shumsilsbeautyandstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a pretty shade.I was waiting for your review on this lip cream.Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure and hope u like the review :)

      Delete
  6. What a gorgeous pink shade! Added it in my wishlist ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too bad :p girl you have tempted me again... shade is great formula sounds awesome but for the name sake ill try some other shade ;) u know me!
    P.s whats in the name? Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha. it took me a while to actually memorize the name :D The shade is gorgeous though <3

      Delete
  8. Nyx is my all time favorite, pretty shade.Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your review and swatch make me fall in love with addis ababa :) and I must its staying power is great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is lovely <3 Am glad u like it too. The staying power definitely is great

      Delete
  10. love your review and this colour looks so so pretty :) I need it now :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Girl oh girl! You are the reason why I am broke!! I have been eyeing NYX matte lip creams for a long while and now that they are here, your review has heightened my cravings!! :D x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha I want to say the same as your posts always tempt me so badly especially those pizza posts :D Well seriously, you should try this out am sure you wont regret :)

      Delete
  12. I'm in too for this, you make me drool Huda :D

    Love XoxoX
    walkinvogue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. lovely shade huda ....I love the texture of it yes I am tempted too nyx products r always good and affordable

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun :) Yes am loving the texture and feel of this one too.

      Delete
  14. This is such a beautiful colour. You lip swatch look amazing love.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pretty pink sweety. It's a nice matte finish :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Personally, I have yet to board the NYX Matte Lip Creams' bandwagon :) May be on some crazy discount deal *fingers crossed*
    A while back, when these were not too famous.. I read a comparison about NYX Soft Matte and XTREME Lip Creams and the video/blog mentioned that these are thinner, softer, and not that pigmented. Good, but not great. For some reason, since then I am kind of one the fence. You were right, the PhotoFix by DMGM has more pigment.

    This year one of my beauty vows is to try liquid formulations... so may be will take the plunge. What lippies are on your wishlist, blogging twinzy of mine :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I can relate. I have always been reluctant to try these NYX matte lip creams for some reason as NYX products never appealed me much. But this year, I couldn't resist and trust me am glad I tried it. It feels really light-weight and comfortable and feels just as the name describes soft and matte. The pigmentation however is not comparable to DMGM Photofix lip color. But this one has unique texture which is really good for the price.

      Delete

I truly appreciate the valuable feedback of my followers. So feel free to leave your comments :)

( Note:Please avoid leaving your blog/site URLs in comments )

The Lipstickholic. Powered by Blogger.
PakBlogging - Pakistani Blog Aggregator